2020 Midwest Safety and Health Conference Postponement Notice
In the recent worldwide landscape, the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is at the forefront. The health and well-being of everyone is the primary focus of concern. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the novel coronavirus outbreak a global pandemic, and as the infectious disease continues to spread, the effects on public health and the global economy is unmistakable. In turn, President Trump has also declared a national emergency in relation to the COTIV-19 threat. In support of these local, national and global concerns and safety initiatives, The Region VII VPPPA Conference scheduled for April 27-29, 2020 has been postponed. Presently, the conference has been rescheduled for October 5-7, 2020 at The Marriott in Des Moines.
Items to note:
- If hotel reservations were made at The Marriott, the registrant is responsible for any cancellations or transfers that need to occur. The same price may be honored at the present rescheduled dates with a new registration link to come. The same price will be honored if rooms remain to be reserved in April. Please work directly with the Marriott to make arrangements.
- The Region VII Board of Directors will be working with The National VPPPA to manage registration transfers or refunds; more communication to come.
- All presenters, sponsors, exhibitors and others associated with the conference will be contacted for present and future planning.
Thank you everyone for your continued support and understanding during these challenging and unique times. We will continue to communicate as details and information evolve. In a situation such as this, premier safety management systems such as the VPP are invaluable as part of any preparation stages. You are all poised to be an integral part in your emergency planning and ultimately the safety of your coworkers and others.
Chairperson – Region VII Board of Directors
Keynote Speaker – Air Force Veteran, Author, Hero – Brian Shul
Bowling / Pizza Party Fundraiser /2019 VPPPA Region VII Scholarship Fund.
Join the Monday Evening “FUN”-draiser!
Great Escape specializes in group events, corporate group outings, team building activities, VIP boutique bowling suite, adult and youth birthday parties, open bowling, bowling leagues, laser tag, arcade, great food and great fun.
Team-building networking and fun. Sign-up on Registration Link on-line.
Location: The Ally Indoor Entertainment Wichita Kansas
- $75 per participant
- Includes bowling, pizza, hor d’oeuvres and beverage tickets
- Round trip transportation provided (shuttle leaves hotel at 4:45 pm)
- 4 Bowlers per Team
- Singles welcome and will be placed on a team
- Raffle fundraisers during event
- Prizes at the end of event
- Proceeds to benefit the Scholarship Fund
Sign up when registering on-line for the conference and support this great program!
Large Group Session Keynote: Mental Health and the Workplace” & “A Plan for Suicide Prevention”
Although suicide can be a difficult subject, it needs to be talked about to help others who are struggling and the survivors it leaves behind. Susie has touched lives and helped educate thousands of people about suicide prevention through workshops and keynote addresses. While some suicides are sudden and unexpected, there are signs and questions that loved ones can ask to help those struggling with suicidal thoughts. In her talk, Susie outlines many of the red flags to look for and how to handle these situations when they arise. Susie has personally felt the effects of suicide and understands not only the challenges the individual may face, but the aftermath for the loved ones left.
Certification Courses Offered
CPR/AED/First Aid Refresher Training Certification (Monday)
The refresher course will review critical skills needed to respond to and manage a medical emergency until emergency medical services arrives. Skills covered in this course include basic first aid, CPR instruction, choking relief in adults, children, and infants along with AED use and what to do for sudden cardiac arrest situations. The course is free to registered attendees.
Tuesday Evening Vendor Reception
Join everyone Tuesday evening for the vendor reception. Light food and drinks are included with your conference registration. Visit all of the exhibitors and take the time to network with numerous attendees. The silent auction will be in full display with funds going to the annual scholarship fund. This is a great annual event that is attended by many and closes a busy Tuesday conference agenda. Enjoy!