Scholarship Cornhole Tournament / Pizza Party Fundraiser /2022 VPPPA Region VII Scholarship Fund.
Join the Monday Evening “FUN”-draiser!
This year our cornhole tournament will be held in the Des Moines Marriott Downtown hotel.
Team-building networking and fun. To sign-up and register, click here.
Location: Des Moines Marriott Downtown
- $50 per participant
- Includes tournament and food
- 2 per Team
- Singles welcome and will be placed on a team
- 50/50 Raffle fundraisers during event
- Prizes at the end of event
- Proceeds to benefit the Scholarship Fund
Be sure to sign up for the cornhole tournament when registering! The cornhole tournament is a selectable item when adding events during registration.
- 7:15am – 8:00am — Continental Breakfast — Des Moines Room
- 8:00am – 4:00pm — Application Workshop — Salon A Room
- 8:00am – 2:00pm — Sustaining Star Quality Workshop — Salon B Room
- 10:00am – 11:00am — Leading a Multi-Generational Workforce — Council Bluffs Room
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm — How to Deliver Powerful Safety Feedback — Council Bluffs Room
- 1:00pm – 5:00pm — CPR/First Aid/AED Class — Salon C Room
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm — Networking Event/Cornhole Tournament — Salon D-H Room
- 7:00am – 8:00am — Exhibit Hall Opens — Des Moines Room
- 7:00am – 8:00am — Breakfast — Des Moines Room
- 8:15am – 8:45am — Meeting of the Membership — Salon D-H Room
- 9:00am – 11:00am — Opening General Session — Salon D-H Room
- 11:00am – 11:45ampm — Break & Drawings — Des Moines Room
- 11:45am – 12:45pm — Lunch — Des Moines Room
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm — Myths and Misconceptions Surrounding FR/AR Clothing — Council Bluffs Room
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm — How Workforce Wearable Tech Provides EHS Leading Indicators That are Reducing Incidents and Claims — Davenport Room
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm — The Safety Professional’s Role in Worker Retention — Salon A Room
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm — Advancement in Head Protection — Salon B Room
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm — Fall Hazard Assessment and Mitigation — Salon C Room
- 2:00pm – 2:30pm — Break & Drawings — Des Moines Room
- 2:30pm – 4:00pm — Believe in Safety — Salon D-H Room
- 5:00pm – 7:00pm — Vendor Reception/Silent Auction/Cornhole — Des Moines Room
- 9:00am – 10:00am — The Art and Science of Effective Leadership — Salon A Room
- 9:00am – 10:00am — Getting to YES: Establishing Executive Buy-In for Safety — Salon B Room
- 9:00am – 10:00am — VPP Slump — Salon C Room
- 9:00am – 10:00am — Meet & Greet the New Iowa VPP Team — Council Bluffs Room
- 9:00am – 10:00am — Active Release Techniques (ART) — Davenport Room
- 10:30am – 11:30am — Speak Up, Listen Up, Follow Up: Psychological Safety in the Workforce — Salon A Room
- 10:30am – 11:30am — Common Deficiencies — Council Bluffs Room
- 10:30am – 11:30am — Want To Become a Mentor and or Board Member — Salon B Room
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm — Lunch — Salon D- H Room
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm — Awards Ceremony/Closing Ceremony — Salon D-H Room
Certification Courses Offered
Tuesday Evening Vendor Reception
Join everyone Tuesday evening for the vendor reception. Light food and drinks are included with your conference registration. Visit all of the exhibitors and take the time to network with numerous attendees. The silent auction will be in full display with funds going to the annual scholarship fund. This is a great annual event that is attended by many and closes a busy Tuesday conference agenda. Enjoy!
Keynote: Brandon Schroeder
Brandon began his journey as a speaker in 2012 after a work accident in 2011. Brandon has been a journeyman electrician since 2002 and thought that was his future. He was and is a good electrician, he does what he is told and gets the work done on time. But after his accident, he knew there was a different journey he was supposed to go on. He was pursued in 2012 to speak to a company about why his accident happened. Although he was hesitant to do this, he complied. Brandon thought this was a one and done presentation, but what he didn’t know is requests would keep coming. Here he is nearly 10 years later still telling his story and changing safety mindsets. Brandon has spoken for hundreds of companies, from the largest companies in the world to local co-ops. His goal is to get his story in front of the one person that needs it!
Believe In Safety is a message which will take you on a journey that Brandon Schroeder began on a fateful day in August 2011. Brandon has been a journeyman electrician since 2002 and thought he would be until he retired. Little did he know this accident would save his life when it should have taken it.
Brandon has been speaking about his accident since 2012. Although this has not been easy to recount time and time again, Brandon believes his message needs to be heard. He is passionate about sharing his pre-accident mindset and why he believes this accident happened. He believes simple changes could have avoided this very painful time in his life.
Please join me in welcoming Brandon Schroeder