2022 Election Nominations
Each year, in conjunction with the conference, elections are held for Region VII Board of Directors positions whose terms are ending. This year, there will be seven (7) contested positions:
• Director-At-Large 1
• Director-At-Large 5
• Director-At-Large 7
The Board of Directors Election will be held Friday, June 18th during the annual meeting of the membership (virtual meeting).
Voting eligibility is restricted to Full members and Corporate members. Corporate members are eligible to vote only if they are represented by a Region VII Board member and only if the corporate location is within the Region VII geographical area. Each Full member site may cast two votes – one from a management representative and one from a labor representative. No proxy voting is allowed.
The deadline for submitting nominations is Friday, September 2nd, 2022.
- To be elected or appointed to the Chapter Board, a nominee shall be a Full or Corporate Chapter member of Voluntary Protection Programs Participant’s Association Region VII in good standing. The corporate location must be within Region VII.
- A nominee for Labor Representative from a Site with a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and Labor Representative from a Site without a CBA must be an hourly and / or non-exempt salaried employee of a VPPPA member organization.
- A nominee shall obtain written management commitment for their participation on the Chapter Board, which includes support for their commitment of time and travel expenses.
- Officer candidates must submit to a background check compliant with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to evaluate the candidate for the sole purpose of determining their ability to honestly and ethically serve as an officer of the Chapter.
- The candidate shall review and accept the requirements, duties, obligations and responsibilities for the position for which they are nominated (please refer to the Chapter By-laws).
- If questions arise concerning the election process, the Committee shall review the issue and formulate a recommendation. The Committee Chairperson shall present the issue and recommendation to the Chapter Chairperson. A decision shall be rendered by the Chapter Board of Directors, which shall be accepted by the Chapter. Current Chapter Board members who are running for re-election shall recuse themselves from the decision-making process.