Conference Workshop Schedule!
Projected Workshop Schedule With Time & Room Locations (workshops time-slots, topics are subject to change)
VPP Application Workshop – The VPP Application Workshop® provides hands on experience in VPP application development. You will be guided through the VPP application process. Hear from industry leaders at VPP work-sites on what it takes to develop a complete and successful application. You will learn step-by-step how to put together the major components of an application and how to properly write an application by reviewing samples from applications submitted by VPP Star work-sites.
Strengthening Star Quality Workshop – Once your site has achieved VPP Star status, where do you go from there? This workshop focuses on “continuous improvement,” providing information on what OSHA is looking for in the VPP re-approval, how other VPP work-sites are maintaining the level of commitment, how to make the most of your annual evaluation and what evaluation criteria are used to measure management leadership and commitment.
CPR/AED/First Aid Refresher Training Certification – The refresher course will review critical skills needed to respond to and manage a medical emergency until emergency medical services arrives. Skills covered in this course include basic first aid, CPR instruction, choking relief in adults, children, and infants along with AED use and what to do for sudden cardiac arrest situations. The course is free to registered attendees.
Small Group Workshop Sessions Include:
Monday October 24th
- Leading a Multi-Generational Workforce
- How to Deliver Powerful Safety Feedback
Tuesday October 25th
- Meeting of the Membership
- Myths & Misconceptions Surrounding FR/AR Clothing
- How Workforce Wearable Tech Provides EHS Leading Indicators That Are Reducing Incidents & Claims
- The Safety Professional’s Role in Worker Retention
- Advancement in Head Protection
- Fall Hazard Assessment & Mitigation
- Believe in Safety Keynote Speaker
Wednesday October 26th
- The Art & Science of Effective Leadership
- Getting to YES: Establishing Executive Buy-In for Safety
- VPP Slump
- Meet & Greet the New Iowa VPP Team
- Active Release Technologies (ART)
- Speak Up, Listen Up, Follow Up: Psychological Safety in the Workforce
- Common Deficiencies
- Static Electricity in Hazardous Areas