Conference Workshop Schedule!
Projected workshop schedule (workshops time-slots, topics are subject to change)
Sunday and Monday
OSHA 10 Hour Certification – The 10-hour OSHA Outreach course provides basic awareness training on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of workplace hazards. The OSHA 10 course equates to 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) and targets entry level workers. This training course will be divided into two day sessions.
VPP Application Workshop – The VPP Application Workshop® provides hands on experience in VPP application development. You will be guided through the VPP application process. Hear from industry leaders at VPP work-sites on what it takes to develop a complete and successful application. You will learn step-by-step how to put together the major components of an application and how to properly write an application by reviewing samples from applications submitted by VPP Star work-sites.
Strengthening Star Quality Workshop – Once your site has achieved VPP Star status, where do you go from there? This workshop focuses on “continuous improvement,” providing information on what OSHA is looking for in the VPP re-approval, how other VPP work-sites are maintaining the level of commitment, how to make the most of your annual evaluation and what evaluation criteria are used to measure management leadership and commitment.
CPR/AED/First Aid Refresher Training Certification – The refresher course will review critical skills needed to respond to and manage a medical emergency until emergency medical services arrives. Skills covered in this course include basic first aid, CPR instruction, choking relief in adults, children, and infants along with AED use and what to do for sudden cardiac arrest situations. The course is free to registered attendees.
Tuesday and Wednesday Workshops (see conference workshop schedule for days and times)
Large Group Session Mental Health and the Workplace” & “A Plan for Suicide Prevention: Although suicide can be a difficult subject, it needs to be talked about to help others who are struggling and the survivors it leaves behind. Susie has touched lives and helped educate thousands of people about suicide prevention through workshops and keynote addresses. While some suicides are sudden and unexpected, there are signs and questions that loved ones can ask to help those struggling with suicidal thoughts. In her talk, Susie outlines many of the red flags to look for and how to handle these situations when they arise. Presented by Susie DeRouchey, MS LPC, CRADC, Country Crossroads Counseling LLC
Large Group Session: Active Threat Preparation and Response: The purpose of this presentation is a discussion on active threat preparation. The presentation will focus on individual and organizational considerations for addressing active threats. Topics will include the O.O.D.A. loop, situational awareness, mental preparation for assisting injured persons, options for additional training, and an open forum for questions from conference participants. Presented by Chris Latcham, Senior Police Officer, Metro Special Tactics and Response Team
Small Group Workshop Sessions Include:
- Recreational & Medical Marijuana in the Workplace: What Employers Need to Know Needs to Know
- How Wearable Technology Is Improving Worker Safety Today! Also, Robotics Solutions
- ‘AIR’ ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION – Staying Safe with OSHA-Compliant Safety Air Guns and Hazardous Location Pneumatic Vacuums
- Electrical Safety “What you do not know about electricity can be shocking”
- 30 Minute “Two for One” Sessions 1: The Culture of Machine Safeguarding 2: Ergonomics Program Management – enhance your program through the use of maturity model assessment techniques and by involving workers in your safety communications
- OSHA VPP Education Series: How To Correctly Prepare The Annual VPP Report
- Health and Wellness Series: The Science of Conversations
- Substance Abuse in the Workplace: What Employers Need to Know
- VPP Slump (What happen to me and VPP?)
- OSHA 1910.146: Keeping CSE Safe
- Organizing & Implementing Successful Ergonomics Projects
- 30 Minute “Two for One” Sessions: 1: Creative & Effective Safety Training (Tricks & Techniques) 2: Off-the-Job Safety, A Successful Special Emphasis Project
- OSHA VPP Education Series: Common Deficiencies found During VPP Evaluations
- Health and Wellness Series: Leadership is Communication, Communication is Leadership
- NFPA 70E: Proposed Changes to the NFPA 70E – 2021 edition
- Workplace Exposure Sampling: Tips of the Trade for Accurate Hazard Assessment
- Fire Safety Training with Hands-On Extinguisher Practice
- Ergonomics 101
- Employee Engagement: Myth or Magic
- OSHA VPP Education Series: SGE Forum/Caucus Meeting (Target: Present and Interested SGE Candidates)
- Health and Wellness Series: Leading A Multi-Generational Workforce
- 4 on the Floor: Shifting Culture with 4 Personality Drivers
- Welding is now a Carcinogen!
- 30 Minute “Two for One” Sessions 1: OSHA’s updated Walking Working Surface standard 2: ANSI’s Dropped Objects/Tool Tethering
- Rethinking Risk Assessment: Adding the 3rd Dimension
- Integration of Operations and Health, Safety and Environmental
- How Smart Workers Use Situational Awareness to Improve Safety
- Health and Wellness Series: Maneuvering Through Change